An Overview for Contributors to the EDCN
An Overview for Contributors to the
Executive Diversity Career Navigator (EDCN)
The Executive Diversity Career Navigator is an online resource designed for healthcare leaders from underrepresented groups to successfully navigate their career path to senior level positions. By enhancing diversity in leadership, EDCN will help cultivate a diverse healthcare workforce that is best equipped to address disparities in care and access—effectively improving health for all.
On the road to senior level positions, aspiring healthcare executives from diverse backgrounds encounter various opportunities and challenges—some common to all travelers, some more pronounced for those from diverse backgrounds. The EDCN provides easy access to tools, tips, links, and invaluable information tailored to the needs and interests of diverse healthcare executives.
Six national healthcare organizations dedicated to advancing executive diversity collaborated to create EDCN:
- American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
- Asian Healthcare Leaders Forum (AHLF)
- Institute for Diversity and Health Equity (IFD)
- LGBT Forum (LGBT)
- National Association of Health Services Executives (NAHSE)
- National Association of Latino Healthcare Executives (NALHE)
A distinguishing feature of the EDCN is inclusion of the “voice” of experienced healthcare
leaders captured in text, video clips, and other engaging formats. Featured segments will include:
- Mentoring Minute: video, written narrative, testimony or suggestions from experienced healthcare leaders
- Excerpts from pertinent articles, books, and publications
- Navigating Tips: direct quotes from diverse healthcare leaders on how they navigated their career advancement
- Leader Q&A: diverse healthcare executives respond to career-related questions
- Travelers’ Checkpoints: Checklists and other interactive tools with action steps pertaining to one of the EDCN categories or topics
- “How I Got Here” – video, quote, or short text from seasoned diverse healthcare leaders on a specific aspect of how they achieved their position or how they traveled the road to the C-Suite
You are invited to lend your voice to EDCN and encourage aspiring healthcare leaders as they journey to senior management ranks. We have several easy ways for you to participate, requiring only a minimal amount of your time.
For more info and to participate, contact your EDCN representative or Cie Armstead, ACHE Director of Diversity & Inclusion, email@example.com; 312.424.9306