The Healthcare Executive Diversity Collaborative, also known as the “Better Together Collaborative,” was formed in February 2016, to:
Engage in collaborative initiatives designed to increase and sustain diversity and inclusion at the highest levels of healthcare leadership.
The Collaborative consists of:
- American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
- Asian Healthcare Leaders Forum (AHLF)
- Institute for Diversity and Health Equity (IFDHE)
- LGBTQ Forum (LGBTQ)
- National Association of Health Services Executives (NAHSE)
- National Association of Latino Healthcare Executives (NALHE)
Together, the participating organizations have worked at the national and local level to increase diversity in the senior ranks of healthcare management for the primary purpose of improving health for all. Our key achievements have included:
Executive Diversity Career Navigator: EDCN was jointly developed by the Better Together groups to give diverse executives an online resource for career information and inspiration. EDCN offers those unique perspectives and insights that can only come from someone who has walked in your shoes.
National Joint Education Sessions: At NALHE, NAHSE and ACHE national conferences, the Better Together Collaborative has led sessions and workshops addressing topics such as:
- Driving the Bottom Line: How a Diverse Leadership and an Inclusive Environment Pay Off
- Increasing Diversity in Leadership to Advance Health Equity
- 2020 Vision: Seeing Clearly the Connection between Health Equity and C-Suite Diversity
Local Joint Education and Networking Events: Two or more of the Better Together groups have co-hosted education sessions and networking events at the Chapter level, including Southern California, Nevada, New York, Chicago, Tennessee, Texas, and Louisiana.
Joint Diversity & Inclusion Networking Receptions at ACHE Congress: These energized, fun gatherings brought over 500 healthcare executives together for the first time to celebrate diversity, equity and inclusion.